Shiny, Happy 3D Printing with Elefilament
Need a filament that won’t let you down? Want a superb finish on your models? Don’t want to pay a fortune? Elefilament could be just what you are looking for - it is a premium brand filament at a reasonable price and gives a consistent, slightly shiny finish.
Elefilament PLA comes in 1.75mm and 2.85mm, supplied in a range of popular colours.
Here's what our customers have said:
“Great quality filaments in a good range of colours. Flawless prints every time using their PLA and ABS.” Ben Fowler, B F Designs
“An Amazing Company that has Knowledge and Support far and above any other 3D Print Filament manufacture in the UK. Always courteous and professional with quick delivery. Their products and support made my company possible :-)” James Rothschild, IDM Imagineering
See an Independent Review
What is PLA
PLA (Polylactic Acid) is a good material to start 3D printing with because it is easily handled by 3D printers. It cools quickly, thus decreasing the likelihood of the object becoming warped. It operates at temperatures between 180 and 220 °C. Colours may vary slightly from the colours shown in the pictures.
Our PLA is made by NatureWorks, an American company known for its innovation and quality. We never use recycled materials, since they can be harder to print with.
How we make our filament:
- Quality raw material made by NatureWorks, the world’s leading manufacturer of PLA
- Thoroughly dried using a desiccant air dryer to prevent air bubbles
- Low tolerance (0.05mm) to make it easy to print with
What’s more, our production staff care and take pride in their work and want to make you the best filament they can!
- Extruder temperature: 180 and 220°C
- Platform temperature: 50° - 60°C
Packaging & Storage
Each reel of PLA 1.75mm Elefilament is enclosed in a bag with silica gel to absorb moisture and normally sent to you in a thick plastic bag. Orders for larger quantities are sent in a box. As moisture can affect the quality of the filament, we recommend you store your reel in the bag with the gel when not in use.
Dimensions & Weight
- 75Kg reel – Reel Diameter: 200 mm; Hole Diameter: 57 mm; Reel Height: 55 mm; Net Weight: 0.750Kg
- 1Kg reel - Reel Diameter: 250 mm; Hole Diameter: 38 mm; Reel Height: 40 mm; Net Weight: 1Kg